Our team is made up of professionals with expertise in every aspect of Lean.
DeMerchant Healthcare Solutions Inc.
President--November 2007 – Current
Acting as professional manager and change agent to help global and small businesses build competitiveness through dramatic improvements in cost, quality and delivery performance using TPS principles.
Past/Present client list includes: Standard Furniture (Bay MInette, AL), Lockheed-Martin (Fort Worth, TX), Hanes Brands (Dominican Republic, Honduras), Syron-Erie Engineering (Troy, MI), Kimberly-Clark Family Care (USA & Europe), Kimberly-Clark Professional (USA & Europe), Senior Flexonics (Chicago, IL), Norgren USA (Littleton, CO), Epic Technologies (Columbus, OH), Robert Bosch USA (Farmington Hills, MI), S&C Electric (Chicago, IL), Tacoma General Hospital (Tacoma, WA), Good Samaritan Hospital (Puyallup, WA), Clearwater Paper (Lewiston, ID), Salem Hospital (Salem, OR), Adventist Hospital (Portland, OR)
Tim Key has the experience you are looking for if you want to take your company to;
Next level in Profit – from 8% - 27%
Next level in Sales – 7% - 10% year on year
Next level in Innovation – from 5% - 18% of sales
Next level in Safety – zero tolerance
Next level in Lean and 5s – eliminate “Muda”
Next level in team building; o “The lessons you have taught me are extensive and the application of the knowledge gained is still, and will always be, in progress.” – HR business partner o “For twenty years Tim has been my most influential business mentor; and I am grateful. Working with Tim has been better than any MBA, except maybe Harvard” – Sales manager o “It was only after some time that I realized he was always growing our career (holding the ladder for us) while teaching us the hard lessons of business. If you want a winning team that can LOL in celebration of success, read the book, live it, and then share it”. – Engineering Manager Before starting his own business consulting firm, Tim was in the Industrial Automotive Industry for 25 years. He has enjoyed the challenges of taking companies that are looking to grow to the next level, in all or some specific areas, and helping them achieve their objectives. As a President of companies from 30M – 100M, he has a proven success record. “My true enjoyment is building the teams that will take these companies to the next level for a long time to come” said Tim. “I love looking back and seeing careers that have grown, businesses that have a strong future, and people that feel secure in their jobs”. Tim has been involved with Privately held companies that are 8M – 15M, Private Equity from 15M – 25M, and Publicly held companies up to 2.5B. “I love that experience, as each entity has a different set of challenges and objectives”. Having spoken at numerous seminars for executive management, Tim finds that all businesses struggle in a common area which is the building of a team. “I find that this is one of the most common struggles of every company but yet it is where they spend the least amount of money and time”, said Tim. Tim was also a top-rated Professor at Western Michigan University. He enjoys the out-of-doors and spends as much time outside as he can. “When I am outside, especially on those quiet mornings or a beautiful sunset, it is my way of recalibrating.
Salem Health, Salem Oregon
Kaizen Learning and Development Consultant 2012-present
· Provide Lean/Kaizen training, coaching and consulting services to the organization.
· Responsible to create a learning strategy to build the leader and employee skills allowing them to execute the Lean/Kaizen methodology to achieve organization strategies and goals.
· Lead the development of Lean leader annual expectations. Create the training and development content to support introduction of the expectations. Develop Lean leader training for orientation and ongoing development.
· Develop and deliver all Lean training. Verify others in the Kaizen Promotion Office as trainers and training facilitators.
· Serve as the internal senior advisor for strategy deployment. Consult to the process for the organization, coach A3 thinking and development of A3s, facilitate sessions such as year-end reflection and catchball.
· Provide Lean coaching particularly focused at the senior leader level.
· Lead external promotion of Salem Health’s Lean Management System with activities such as hosting site visits and providing webinars.
Kaizen Intern 2011-2012
As a select employee served in this position which was designed to embed a deep body of knowledge about Lean and Kaizen methods, tools and processes to support Salem Health’s vision of world class quality. Activities included development and teaching of Kaizen concepts, tools and methodologies, participation in a two-week Shingijutsu Japan Gemba and support of Rapid Process Improvement Workshops and 3P events.
Education Director 2010-2011
· Provide strategic direction and daily operational management for the Clinical Education and Professional Practice Development Department.
· Function as Nursing Assistant Training Program Director.
· Serve as Professional Development Council Co-Chair.
· Lead a team of professional development specialists, learning management system administrator, education coordinator, education analyst, educators and assistants to provide orientation, competency assessment and validation, education inservice, continuing education and professional development programs.
· Led the team that authored the Structural Empowerment domain for the successful 2010 Magnet recognition of Salem Hospital.
· Selected as Kaizen Fellow in July 2010 to receive intensive training in Lean principles and development as an organization sensei.
Lean Enterprises Canada Inc.
President ( 2008 to current )
Removing the fear of failure opens the door to True Innovation…
Denis Groulx spent 20 years at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) in roles of increasing responsibility where he learned the principles and practical application of the Toyota Production System (TPS).
Starting as a floor-side team member at the inauguration of the plant he developed his skills for continuous improvement on the shop
floor at Toyota in both North America and Japan. He brings with him a wealth of management experience in the areas of Project Management, Stamping Manufacturing and Internal Logistics. He has coordinated major improvement events and has been the liaison for Production Control and Manufacturing coordinated projects. He was also the lead coordinator for Manufacturing driven Information Systems projects. He supervised the expansion of the stamping facility as well as multiple consecutive and concurrent major model launches including the launch of Toyota’s flagship Lexus model.
Denis has developed new and innovative systems for Toyota during his time as a Stamping and Internal Logistics management professional. He developed and implemented a Direct to Line internal logistics system that is now the standard at Toyota's two Canadian facilities. Denis was a senior manager in the benchmark stamping and welding shops at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada. During this period TMMC won several J.D. Power Gold Plant awards as well the Harbour Group Most Productive Plant. He is well versed in all aspects of TPS and Kaizen improvement systems. His strong logistics background allows him to promote improvement on all aspects of inventory operations.